Inaugural Post 757 Colts Paper City Classic Wood Bat 14U Tournament
July 16 - 18, 2021
$500 Entry Fee - 4 GG
Teams that are interested in participating should contact us via email at email@example.com
|14U Paper City Wood Bat|
|Day||Time||Hoffman Field (14U)||Chillicothe HS (14U)|
|FRI||10:30 am||1 v 2||3 v 4|
|1 pm||5 v 6||7 v 8|
|3:30 pm||1 v 3||2 v 4|
|6 pm||5 v 7||6 v 8|
|SAT||10:30 am||1 v 4||2 v 3|
|1 pm||5 v 8||6 v 7|
|3:30 pm||SEED Game 1: 3 Seed v 6 Seed||SEED Game 2: 4 Seed v 5 Seed|
|6 pm||SEED Game 3: 1 Seed v 8 Seed||SEED Game 4: 2 Seed v 7 Seed|
|SUN||10:30 am||Winners SEED G2 & SEED G3||Winners SEED G1 & G4|
- This is an invitational 14U tournament and any rule not addressed specifically below will be covered by the most current version of the OHSSA/NFHS high school baseball rules of competition.
- 14U travel teams are also invited to participate in the tournament.
- Bat Restrictions: Drop -3 wood bats must be used in the tournament.
- A coin-flip is conducted to determine the home team for all games in pool play; the higher seed will be the home team after tournament seeding is complete.
- Teams will play seven-inning games (weather permitting).
- A two-hour time limit will be in effect for all games on Friday & Saturday of the tournament; the official time will be noted by the home plate umpire and start from the 1st pitch of the game (NOTE: It is the responsibility of both coaches to determine start time with the umpire). No new innings will start after 2 hours. If a game is tied when the two-hour time limit goes into effect the shootout rule applies: The visiting team puts the player that made the last out in the previous inning on second base. All new batters start with 3 balls & 2 strikes. Teams will begin the inning with 0 outs. After 2 extra innings are completed and the game remains tied, both teams will tie and be credited with 1/2 a point for seeding purposes. All teams should be at the field at least 30 minutes prior to their game time - the next game will start 15 minutes after the previous game.
- No time limit will be used in the championship round on Sunday.
- The Home team will be the official book for that particular game. Visiting coaches are encouraged to check with the home team coaches to make sure books are in sync.
- In the event of a forfeit, the winning team will be credited with a 1-0 victory for seeding purposes. If possible, the tournament committee will resolve forfeits by making scheduling changes. Forfeits will be used ONLY if schedule changes can not be made to accommodate teams.
- All coaches shall use best judgment related to pitching restrictions;
A player removed from the pitching position (starting pitcher or subsequent relief pitcher) may not
return to the pitching position for the remainder of the game.
A player may legally pitch a maximum of three (3) innings in one (1) day and still legally pitch the next
If the player pitches three and one-third (3 1/3) or more innings in one (1) day, the player cannot legally pitch the next day.
A player may legally pitch a maximum of seven (7) innings in one (1) day. The player would be ineligible
to legally pitch the next day.
A player may legally pitch a maximum of eight (8) innings in three (3) consecutive days. This is to be
interpreted as a player may legally pitch any combination of innings to equal eight (8) innings in two (2)
days as long as the player doesn’t pitch more than three (3) innings the first (1st) day. Similarly, as a
player may legally pitch any combination of innings to equal eight (8) innings in three (3) days as long as
the player doesn’t pitch more than three (3) innings the first (1st) or second (2nd) days.
MANDATORY DAYS OF REST:
A player that pitches more than three (3) innings in one day MUST rest the next day.
A player that pitches eight (8) innings in two (2) consecutive days MUST rest the next day.
One Day Max with next day eligibility = 3 innings
One Day Max with mandatory rest the next day = 7 innings
Max total innings for tournament = 8 innings
Pitching mound visits will remain two coaches visits per inning, with the second coaches visit to the
same pitcher in the same inning resulting in a pitching change.
- NOTE: the tournament will not monitor pitching but expects coaches to use the best judgment and adhere to established tournament pitch count rules.
- The 10-run mercy rule will be in effect after 5 innings of play or 4 1/2 innings if the home team has the last at-bat.
- All final game scores shall be texted to the tournament directors by both coaches within one hour of the game being completed