Due to Weather Conditions ALL Remaining Jadwin Games have been Cancelled
4th Annual Jim Jadwin Memorial Baseball Tournament
The 4th Annual Jim Jadwin Memorial Baseball Tournament will take place in Chillicothe Ohio June 19-21, 2015.
This tournament is open only to American Legion teams. The tournament will be limited to the first 16 teams that register and submit entry fee of $500. Entry fee covers umpires, awards and baseballs. With the exception of VA Memorial Stadium fans are not charged an entry fee to games. Teams playing at VA Memorial Stadium are not permitted to wear metal cleats on the turf. Teams are guaranteed 4 games weather permitting and we generally have an extra field available should adverse weather hit.
Teams will not be entered into the tournament until their entry fee is paid. Please contact the Colts Coaching Staff to request an invite or to answer any questions.
Jim Jadwin, a mainstay of American Legion Baseball, was instrumental in putting together the Chillicothe Post 757 American Legion Baseball Program in 1969 after his own baseball career ended.
Jim, a former catcher, played 6 years in the Cleveland Indians minor league system ending his career at AAA Indianapolis.
With Jim’s leadership and guidance, Post 757 Baseball players have received more than 65 college scholarships and seven professional contracts.
Jim also served as the tournament director for the 2008 American Legion National Regional Tournament hosted at V. A. Memorial Stadium.
Links about Jim:
Tournament will be held in Chillicothe Ohio - June 19-21, 2015. Pending scheduling a few games may occur on Thursday June 18th.
2015 Confirmed Teams:
- Adrian (MI) Post 275 Baseball - paid in full
- Ashland (KY) Post 76 Sixers - paid in full
- Chillicothe Post 62 Riverbats - paid in full
- Chillicothe Post 757 Colts (OH) - paid in full
- Circleville (OH) Post 134 Panthers - paid in full
- Demmer Baseball (MI)- paid in full
- Great Lakes Neal Post 743 Renegades - paid in full
- Greenville Post 140 - paid in full
- Hammond (TN) Post 3 Red - paid in full
- Ida (MI) Post 514 - paid in full
- Motor City (MI) Post 1 - paid in full
- Ottawa (OH) Post 63- paid in full
- Sandusky (OH) Post 83- paid in full
- Toledo Adams Township Post 553 - paid in full
- Zanesville Post 29
2015 Jadwin Interested Participants
- Hammond (TN) Post 3 Navy
Teams are Not Confirmed until full payment is received.
Checks should be made out to:
Chillicothe 757 Colts
Checks should be mailed to:
Jadwin Memorial Tournament
C/O Tom Barr
13299 Marietta Rd.
Kingston, OH 45644
- This is an invitational American Legion Baseball Tournament and any rule not addressed specifically below will be covered by the most current version of the American Legion Rule Book for Senior American Legion Baseball competition.
- Either drop -3 BBCOR-certified or wood bats may be used in the tournament.
- A coin-flip is conducted to determine home team for all games in pool play; higher seed will be home team after tournament seeding is complete.
- Teams will play seven-inning games (weather permitting).
- A two-hour time limit will be in effect for all games on Thursday, Friday & Saturday of the tournament; the official time will be noted by the home plate umpire and start from the 1st pitch of the game (NOTE: It is the responsibility of both coaches to determine start time with the umpire). No new innings will start after 2 hours. If tie after completed inning, the visiting team puts the player that made the last out in the previous inning on second base. All new batters start with 3 balls & 2 strikes. Teams will begin the inning with 0 outs. After 3 extra innings are completed and the game remains tied, both teams will tie and be credited with 1/2 a point for seeding purposes.
- No time limit will be used in the championship round on Sunday.
- The Home team will be the official book for that particular game. Visiting coaches are encouraged to check with the home team coaches to make sure everything is correct.
- In the event of a forfeit the winning team will be credited with a 1-0 victory for seeding purposes. If possible, the tournament committee will resolve forfeits by making scheduling changes. Forfeits will be used ONLY if schedule changes can not be made to accomodate teams.
- The Chillicothe Post 757 Colts, as the host team in the tournament, shall have the right to use their dugout (third base dugout) at Joseph W. Hoffman Field.
- Official Baseball Rules - Designated Hitter (DH) rule (pitcher only) will be used intournament play as outlined in the Official Rules of Baseball.
- All coaches shall use best judgment related to pitching restrictions; NOTE: the tournament will not monitor pitching but expects coaches to use best judgment and adhere to established Legion rules.
- The 10-run mercy rule will be in effect after 5 innings of play or 4 1/2 innings if the home team has the last at-bat.
- The American Legion does NOT permit any type of re-entry rule during tournament play.
- The American Legion does NOT permit courtesy runners during tournament play.
- All final game scores shall be texted to the 2015 Jadwin Tournament by both coaches within one hour of game being completed.
- Tournament Rainout Policy:
- In the case of rain, games may be moved to other locations at the discretion of the Tournament Committee.
- All reasonable efforts will be made to complete games as scheduled; conditions related to adverse weather can NOT be prevented.
- If a game can not be started within 1 hour of its scheduled start time due to bad weather every effort will be made to reschedule the game. If we are unable to reschedule the game for any reason the game will be cancelled and each each team will receive 1/2 win and 1/2 loss
- Participating teams are asked to help with foul balls both on and off the baseball field as well help keep dugouts picked up.
- Tournament Refund Policy Any game started is considered a game played as umpires have been paid
- 0 games played - 90% refund
- 1 game played - 50% refund
Schedule updated 5/22/2015
|G1||THU||6/18/15||5:00 pm||VA Memorial Stadium||Chillicothe 62 | Chillicothe 757||2-1|
|G2||THU||6/18/15||7:30 pm||VA Memorial Stadium||Circleville 134 | Hammond Red||17-0|
|G3||FRI||6/19/15||9:00 am||VA Memorial Stadium||Hammond Navy | Zanesville 29||10-0|
|G4||FRI||6/19/15||11:30 am||VA Memorial Stadium||Ashland 76 | Greenville 140||13-6|
|G5||FRI||6/19/15||2:00 pm||VA Memorial Stadium||Sandusky 83 | Toledo Adams 553||8-0|
|G6||FRI||6/19/15||2:00 pm||JW Hoffman Field||Adrian 275 | Zanesville 29||8-2|
|G7||FRI||6/19/15||2:00 pm||Unioto HS||Great Lakes 743 | Motor City 1||10-0|
|G8||FRI||6/19/15||2:00 pm||ROSS PARK||Demmer | Ottawa 63||11-1|
|G9||FRI||6/19/15||2:00 pm||UNIOTO HS||Ashland 76 | Ida 514||5-3|
|G10||FRI||6/19/15||2:00 pm||Ross Park||Chillicothe 62 | Hammond Navy||7-0|
|G11||FRI||6/19/15||4:30 pm||VA Memorial Stadium||Great Lakes 743 | Ida 514||13-2|
|G12||FRI||6/19/15||4:30 pm||JW Hoffman Field||Adrian 275 | Demmer||6-0|
|G13||FRI||6/19/15||4:30 pm||Unioto HS||Motor City 1 | Sandusky 83||7-1|
|G14||FRI||6/19/15||4:30 pm||JW Hoffman Field||Chillicothe 757 | Toledo Adams 553||9-0|
|G15||FRI||6/19/15||6:30 pm||VA Memorial Stadium||Circleville 134 | Greenville 140||6-0|
|G16||FRI||6/19/15||4:30 pm||Ross Park||Hammond Red | Ottawa 63||10-2|
|G17||SAT||6/20/15||9:00 am||VA Memorial Stadium||Adrian 275 | Ottawa 63||CANC|
|G18||SAT||6/20/15||9:00 am||JW Hoffman Field||Greenville 140 | Hammond Navy||CANC|
|G19||SAT||6/20/15||9:00 am||Bolmer Field||Hammond Red | Sandusky 83||CANC|
|G20||SAT||6/20/15||9:00 am||Unioto HS||Great Lakes 743 | Toledo Adams 553||CANC|
|G21||SAT||6/20/15||9:00 am||Zane Trace HS||Circleville 134 | Ida 514||CANC|
|G22||SAT||6/20/15||9:00 am||Ross Park||Chillicothe 62 | Motor City 1||CANC|
|G23||SAT||6/20/15||11:30 am||VA Memorial Stadium||Demmer | Motor City 1||CANC|
|G24||SAT||6/20/15||11:30 am||JW Hoffman Field||Ashland 76 | Chillicothe 757||CANC|
|G25||SAT||6/20/15||11:30 am||Bolmer Field||Hammond Navy | Toledo Adams 553||CANC|
|G26||SAT||6/20/15||11:30 am||Unioto HS||Greenville 140 | Ottawa 63||CANC|
|G27||SAT||6/20/15||11:30 am||Zane Trace HS||Ida 514 | Zanesville 29||CANC|
|G28||SAT||6/20/15||11:30 am||Ross Park||Chillicothe 62 | Sandusky 83||CANC|
|G29||SAT||6/20/15||2:00 pm||JW Hoffman Field||Chillicothe 757 | Great Lakes 743||CANC|
|G30||SAT||6/20/15||2:00 pm||Bolmer Field||Adrian 275 | Hammond Red||CANC|
|G31||SAT||6/20/15||2:00 pm||Ross Park||Ashland 76 | Demmer||CANC|
|G32||SAT||6/20/15||2:00 pm||Zane Trace HS||Circleville 134 | Zanesville 29||CANC|
|G33||SUN||6/21/15||9:00 am||VA Memorial Stadium||1 SEED | 4 SEED||CANC|
|G34||SUN||6/21/15||9:00 am||JW Hoffman Field||2 SEED | 3 SEED||CANC|
|G35||SUN||6/21/15||12:00 pm||VA Memorial Stadium||G33 Winner|G34 Winner||CANC|
Seeding is based on win/loss record, In case of a tie in points between two or more teams, the following tiebreaker system will be used to determine the seeding of the teams:
- Head-to-head record between the two teams that are tied for the final spot (head-to-head record only applied if tie is between two teams).
- Fewest runs allowed between the tied team/s.
- Highest total run differential; NOTE: Total run differential is the sum of each game's differential.
- If there is still a tie, then the teams which are tied will come down to a coin toss.
|TEAM||WINS||LOSSES||WIN%||Runs Allowed||Runs Scored||Run Differential|
|Adrian Post 275||1||1||0.500||8||8||0|
|Ashland Post 76||1||1||0.500||16||11||-5|
|Chillicothe Post 62||0||2||0||9||1||-8|
|Chillicothe Post 757||1||1||0.500||10||2||-8|
|Circleville Post 134||2||0||1.000||0||23||23|
|Great Lakes Neal Post 743||1||1||0.500||13||12||-1|
|Greenville Post 140||1||1||0.500||12||13||1|
|Hammond Post 3 Red||0||2||0||17||0||-17|
|Hammond Post 3 Navy||2||0||1.000||0||17||17|
|Ida Post 514||1||1||0.500||7||16||9|
|Motor City Post 1||0||2||0||17||1||-16|
|Ottawa Post 63||1||1||0.500||13||11||-2|
|Sandusky Post 83||1||1||0.500||9||7||-2|
|Toledo Adams Township Post 553||2||0||1.000||0||17||17|
|Zanesville Post 29||0||2||0||18||2||-16|
19 Enderlin Cir
Chillicothe, OH 45601
Hoffman Field at Mary Lou Patton
Mary Lou Patton Park
Chillicothe, OH 45601
Hoffman Field is the last field on the left when you turn into Mary Lou Patton Park.
Ross County Park
3859 Egypt Pike
Chillicothe, OH 45601
There are 2 fields located at Ross County Park, we are using the Post 62 American Legion field which is located further back
14193 Pleasant Valley Rd.
Chillicothe, OH 45601
Unioto HS baseball field is located directly behind the behind the football
VA Memorial Stadium
17273 ST RT 104
Chillicothe, OH 45601
VA Memorial Stadium is located at the VA Hospital,
PLEASE NOTE: speed limit is 20 MPH
Zane Trace HS
946 Ohio 180
Chillicothe, OH 45601
Zane Trace HS field is located directly behind the high school
|2014||Ida Post 514||Toledo Post 587||Clare Burt Post 248|
|2013||Sandusky Post 83||Pickerington Post 283||Zanesville Post 29|
|2012||Piqua Post 184||Steubenville Post 33||Zanesville Post 29|
Teams that have participated in the Jadwin Memorial Tournament include:
- Adrian (MI) Post 275, new in 2015!
- Ashland (KY) Post 76, new in 2015!
- Berkley (MI) Post 374*
- Chillicothe (OH) Post 62 Riverbats**
- Chillicothe (OH) Post 757 Colts****
- Circleville (OH) Post 134 Panthers***
- Clare Burt (MI) Post 248*
- East Lansing (MI) Post 205*
- Great Lakes Neal (OH) Post 743 Renegades***
- Greenville (OH) Post 140**
- Hammond (TN) Post 3, new in 2015!
- Hillsboro (OH) Post 129**
- Ida (MI) Post 514**
- Lancaster (OH) Post 11*
- Latrobe (PA) Post 515 Jethawks*
- Mason (WV) Post 23*
- Motor City (MI) Post 1, new in 2015!
- Ottawa (OH) Post 63**
- Pickerington (OH) Post 283*
- Piqua (OH) Post 184***
- Portsmouth (OH) Post 23*
- Sandusky (OH) Post 83***
- Steubenville (OH) Post 33***
- Toledo (OH) Post 335/587 Hawks****
- Waverly (OH) Post 142*
- Wheeling (WV) Post 1*
- Zanesville (OH) Post 29****